Zaveri Pearls Traditional Multicolor Necklace Set For Women-Zpam02
Temple Jewellery: Epitome of Southern Grace
Temple jewellery, traditional accessories that adorned the idols of deities down South, is now a mainstream fashion choice for most Indians. Unparalleled lustre, classic designs, and a unique Southern charm makes this exquisite range of jewellery a must-have in every wardrobe.
Read on to learn more about these elegant accessories.
Steeped In Culture And Heritage
In the 9th century, idols of deities were adorned with jewellery, especially during important festivals and auspicious days. The craft of making this jewellery flourished under the Chola, Pandya, and Krishnadeva Raya dynasties. During this period, women started wearing accessories inspired by the designs of this jewelry. These were believed to bring good luck to the wearers.
The designs of this form of jewelry were inspired by the architecture of the temples and the idols of deities. This includes accessories like the crowns, coin necklaces, earrings, nose rings, waist belts, bangles, and toe rings. From being part of a Bharatanatyam dancer’s costume to being part of the popular fashion jewellery, temple jewellery has stood the test of time.
Exquisite Designs, Unparalleled Elegance
The motifs, intricately etched on a metal base, were often symbolic of the prevailing traditions in that period. Popular motifs includes lotus, crane, and crocodile as they were considered to be auspicious. The traditional necklaces and pendants still have the figures of Lord Ganpati and Goddess Lakshmi on them. Temple jewelry often forms a part of the bridal trousseau and are popular in the Southern fashion market. The use of metals like brass, copper, and other alloys gave way to cheaper and more colourful alternatives.
When you wear temple jewellery, you don’t just accessorise your outfit. You embrace its rich traditional and cultural background. Upgrade your look in an instant with accessories made in temple jewellery designs. The lustre these pieces bring will add the right amount of glamour to your outfit without being overwhelming. Pair it with a traditional Kasavu, Kanjivaram, or any other silk saree. Wear a choker with a western outfit to add flair. You can also accessorize your maxi skirt and gown, or a traditional salwar kameez with a heavily-detailed jhumka. Bracelets and bangles can round off any look.
Maintaining Temple Jewellery’s Signature Lusture
Here’s a list to help you prolong the life of your jewellery:
- Store your jewellery in a cushioned box or a ziplock plastic bag
- Wipe your jewellery clean with a cotton cloth
- Avoid bringing it in contact with chemicals like body spray, deodorant, or a perfume
- Refrain from storing it with other accessories to prevent it from getting scratched
Bring the distinct Southern charm to your look by donning these beautiful temple accessories from our exclusive online collection.
- Style: Traditional Indian Necklace Set
- Colors: Gold with Red and Green Stones
- This Traditional Antique Necklace Set Will Complement any Indian Attire.Jewellery adds Lavishing look to any clothing. Any fabulous outfit is incomplete without matching jewellery. A woman is completely dressed with wearing matching jewellery.
- It is advisable to store jewellery in a zip lock pouch (air tight pouch), keep away from water perfume and other chemicals and clean it with dry and soft cloth
Part Number: ZPAM02